Saturday, September 3, 2011

Me and Deb












I surprised my friend Debbie with this watercolor painting of the two of us for her birthday. Knowing Deb embraces how we age and is comfortable with some gray hair and lines, I did the portrait to reflect our age (mostly : ) If I had had my way, we would have no wrinkles and probably look at least five years younger!








When Debbie and I first met, it was as if we had known each other our whole lives. We started asking each other the usual questions,
you know, where did you grow up, go to school, jobs, groups, etc. We discovered that we were born at the same hospital, the same year, just one day apart, and, her last name started with a G and mine with an H. In those days (yes, the olden days) moms and babies weren't sent home right away, babies were in the nursery side by side alphabetically. Aha, that's how we knew each other!

6 comments:

  1. What a great painting and such a special friendship. Treasures for sure! I like your phrasing of 'embracing how we age'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great tribute to friendship! Your talents flowith over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, it's beautiful!!! I especially admire how you captured both of your smiles-I am always challenged by smiles and teeth. It's so wonderful to have life long friends, what a lovely tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe.... what a great painting and a wonderful gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Portrait! I really love how you've captured your personalities. I feel like I know you, just looking at the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, the painting is just gorgeous!!! What a special thing to do for a friend! And just remember that wrinkles mean that you smile a lot--and that's a VERY GOOD thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look. I appreciate your comments!