Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Polymer Play
















I took another class at Create art retreat in Costa Mesa recently. It was called Brooch the Subject and was taught by the very talented Laurie Mika. I had never worked with polymer clay before this three hour class. Laurie showed us these two construction ideas for our small pieces. She gave us so many creative techniques to use...rubber stamps for texture, acrylic paints applied with our fingers, attaching various doodads. It was so much fun and Laurie was a great teacher.














I was telling Cody, my creative 15 year old friend, about the class and we decided we would get together for a polymer play date. I made the one on the ball chain and Cody made the cup. Didn't she do a great piece?

5 comments:

  1. Love, love, love...Don't I have a birthday coming soon? Oh no, but Christmas will be here before we know it...
    Cody did great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and fun brooches!
    Sounds like a great workshop!

    So glad I found you through the “All Kinds of Artists” Artist blog hop!
    I am your newest blog follower. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

    I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, looks like fun. i love that you got together with Cody and creating wonderful pieces. art with friends is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely blog, your mask below is stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa,
    I loved getting your comment-and the polymer clay pieces are awesome! It sounds like a great class, also I scrolled down to your journaling pages-the flower is gorgeous and very professional, WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look. I appreciate your comments!