Thursday, October 14, 2010

Why Water?











Water is so essential to our lives and the planet and I know I completely take it for granted. I turn on my faucet, and there it is. Tomorrow is Blog Action Day and the subject this year is water. You can join in or simply read more about it here.

Right now, almost a billion people on the planet don’t have access to clean, safe drinking water. That’s one in eight of us who are subject to preventable disease and even death because of something that many of us take for granted.

Access to clean water is not just a human rights issue. It’s an environmental issue. An animal welfare issue. A sustainability issue. Water is a global issue, and it affects all of us.

7 comments:

  1. What a timely post! I had dinner yesterday with the board of directors of our municipal utilities district. The business of water is one of the most important industry. My husband is encouraging our son to find a profession related to water - conservation, clean-up, generation, recycling, distribution, etc. Everyone needs water. I love the calligraphy. It flows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful that you did a post on water, it is an essential treasure. I like how you wrote water on the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the combination of your lettering and photo of water. Thanks for the info about this special focus on water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for you comment Ces. I think it's fantastic that you and the viking have the environmental awareness and are encouraging your son in that direction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammie, thanks so much for bringing this topic to my attention. And Claire, you're always so complimentary about my calligraphy, I appreciate it and hope you enjoy the info on water through this link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, water is a hot topic these days. We have our own 'water war' of sorts in Georgia. I scrolled down and your necklaces are stunning--WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think we could fathom what this really means to so many people across the world. : ( Glad you are spreading awareness. I must add that ring pillow you did is so cool...and thank you for your kind visit! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look. I appreciate your comments!