Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Painted Tag











I was getting ready to send a birthday card to my friend Stan and I really wanted to try something different for the addressing. I know Stan usually will save the envelopes I address, so I thought, maybe if I use a tag on the envelope he could have just something nice with his name on it, rather than yet another envelope. I just grabbed some gouache and applied it to the tag with a paper towel. Yes, that's right, I use very intricate techniques : )
I mounted the tag on the envelope then did the address on one line in gold with a pointed pen mimicking the style I used to do his name, which was done with a brush. Now we'll see if a tag with fibers attached will make it through the U.S. mail...I hope so or Stan will be receiving an e-card from me!

9 comments:

  1. Very cool tag Lisa! Your brush lettering is beautiful. I think your friend will be very happy indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too hope it makes it via US postal service! This is just too beautiful Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Beautiful!! I'm amazed at what I receive in the mail sometimes....that actually makes it in one piece!!! I think they do their best....at least I hope so!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAHvelous dahling...and it worked, it worked! The envelope arrived in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how wonderful, artful longhand, personal notes is a rare and cherished gift these days! And so beautiful is yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice colors and lettering. ANd it even made it through the mail I see! Love snail mail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure hope it arrives in one piece, Lisa. It's gorgeous! And such a lovely idea. Your work is always top-notch!

    Loved the recent post too of your spotlight in the Martha Stewart Weddings magazine...lovely, lovely work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool, Lisa! Let us know if it goes through!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In case anyone's checking back in to learn the fate of the tag...it made it intact!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look. I appreciate your comments!