Monday, September 6, 2010

Accordian Book











I just got back from a visit with my brother and sister-in-law at their home in Santa Barbara. Ah, it's so beautiful there! I made this little two sided accordian book to give Wendy for her birthday. She is a fellow animal lover and I knew she would enjoy these two quotes.
This first photo is one of the covers that corresponds with the quote in black ink below.

















Here's the cover on the reverse side of the book. Because the quote below is more humorous, I chose the polka dots for the cover, used the colored ink (which coordinates with the cover on the other side) and this whimsical variation of pointed pen calligraphy.









9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful book Lisa! Your lettering dances across the page. (We love Santa Barbara too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the book you made, Lisa!! I've never been to Santa Barbara but I hear it's amazing!! Next time I'm in California I will definitely go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how I love your calligraphy. You are a natural.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A m A z I n G !!!!!! i am sure your sister in law will treasure this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, gorgeous, what a thoughtful and completely beautiful gift! PLUS, you make jewelry! Is there anything you cannot do??? Wow! I used to make accordion books as albums, and you've given me the bug to make handbound books again. Oh, oh, oh, your works always make my eyes dance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bella, I can't draw the way you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful! Absolutely love the flowing movement of the letters. And such fun quotes too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo I just saw you have rabbits! Of course you do...such great quotes totally apply to rabbits don't they ;) My rabbit (rescued and spoiled senseless) Domino says hello to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look. I appreciate your comments!