Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bunny Luv













Almost a year ago I had donated a custom pet portrait to be auctioned off at a fundraiser. The fundraiser was for Bunny Luv, the rabbit rescue where I got my two rabbits and the place where I board them and buy all their supplies (including their favorite treat, oat groats, otherwise known as bunny crack!). The portrait was purchased by Sepida, who, with employees and volunteers does a great job of running the rescue. "The Flopmans", Sepida's nickname for her quartet, are Fiona, Titus, Rocky and Charlie. I finally completed and delivered the 26 x 24 painting (my largest piece to date) this past weekend. It took me a long time to sit down and do it because of a constant abundance of work (thankfully!) and some concern that I wouldn't get it right. I'm really happy with the way it turned out and Sepida even got a little misty over it! By the way, the three gray and white bunnies are the brothers of my rabbit Maddie.

17 comments:

  1. My pet rats, Summer & Autumn, have similar "crack snacks" too! LOL.

    THis is so beautiful Lisa. I love the angle in which you composed these beautiful furry friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really beautiful, Lisa! I love everything about it!! You should be really proud of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Lisa, your paintings are are brilliant as your calligraphy. I love this portrait. it almost looks like a photograph. That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU are just amazing, Lisa..I am in awe of your skills..beautiful paintings and letters..simply wonderful! Those bunnies are adorable and I love the poses and how you've captured their very furry, lovable bodies. FANTASTIC! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooooo enormously jealous of your talent. Incredible lettering AND watercolors. Ugh! This is so very, very beautiful. I have no doubt Sepida loved every single inch of this painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Gina, you are a BRILLIANT watercolor artist! Thanks so much Manon and Ces. Shirley and Bella, you are both such amazing artists, I look up to you and appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa this is just so wonderful! Oh my gosh! I totally love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lisa, thank you for your empathy with my computer...I'm finally getting over the loss : )...looking forward to seeing your next amazing piece! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. everything you do is with such expertise, and this is no exception!! these little bunnies are fabulous.....i know that your friend will treasure this tribute to her favorite furry friends!! xox, :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. You wonderful creations continue to amaze me. You bring such joy to the recipients of your beautiful work. This painting is beautiful as are you...
    xxxxoooo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your work - it is wonderful, awesome and inspiring.... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy that I could click on your art and see it big! It really is wonderful! Congratulations on doing it and finishing it, that must feel great. I am so glad you stopped by, inspiring me to visit you. Happy Summer dear lady!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Lisa, you are such an awesome artist - all around! That you can do this amazing lettering AND work in watercolor. I am so impressed! Just wonderful! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bunnies!
    I have such a soft spot for the softies with long ears! And these are no exception!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! One can tell that you put a lot of love into this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh lisa! This is just beyond gorgeous! You are sooo talented! xo Paulette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look. I appreciate your comments!