Saturday, October 3, 2009

Lisa and Misha













I did this painting for my good friend Lisa. Lisa and her family adopted Misha when she was a young dog. Often dogs that are pets of homeless people become hyper vigilant about protecting their master. This was the case with Misha which made her unpredictable and a biter. Trainers told Lisa to put Misha down, that she would never be a good family pet. Lisa was dedicated to rehabilitating Misha and providing a good home for her. Through patience, love and determination, from Lisa and Misha, she was able to relax into being the beautiful, sweet dog that she was always meant to be.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Aw! You are too much! You are brilliant. You can do anything! You are fabulous. I am so tickled I blog with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the brilliant one Ces! Thank you for your wonderful comments : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lisa, this is a wonderful painting and a wonderful story. Yes, I agree with Ces, you can do anything!!! And you KNOW how I love your calligraphy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Lisa - a very uplifting story! And your work is AMAZING!! It's a good reminder for all of us to demonstrate patience, love and demonstration to all the biters in our lives. (And I'm sad to realize how many times *I'm* the biter.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I too thank you for sharing the story behind the amazing picture. Can't wait 'til we get it together for you to do something similar for us with our pooches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful painting (at first i thought it was a photo....wow!!!), touching story! and i also love your hot pink journal page....those letterforms are fabulous!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this story and this painting!
    Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. :)
    xo
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your are good! Lisa your painting is beautiful. It is so life like, I feel as if I could reach out and touch Misha's fur.

    Thanks for the compliments on my gut art book pages. I am enjoying the class.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey hey there my brilliant calligrapher, painter evrything rolled into one. I appreciate your friendship. I have an award for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What! An award???What did I do to deserve that?
    I appreciate your friendship and immense talent too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look. I appreciate your comments!