Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Wedding Vows

I just today completed this job for a client. He is giving it to his wife for their anniversary. The lemon watercolor addition to the piece represents the lemon groves in Ravello, Italy.

The textured paper the client wanted presented a slight challenge with the calligraphy. Thankfully he chose a style I call antique italic, which has rough edges and some broken lines, so it worked out fine for the look I was trying to achieve.

Once again, I had a great time doing the painting!

5 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    This is so beautiful! What a good idea for a gift, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lisa....looking at your beautiful letterforms always inspires me to pick up my pens again! what a treasure this is....and i know that lemons are tart, but that little watercolor at the top has such a wonderful sweetness about it!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your calligraphy is perfect. AAAAW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first visit to your blog. :) The lemon motif is perfect! Very nice; I'm sure they'll both be thrilled. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects here on your blog. You are so talented. I'm so glad to hear that people are actually requesting hand calligraphy items. Everything seems to be computerized in our society. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look. I appreciate your comments!